We have been providing health care to our community for over 40 Years!
Founded in 1976, Sacopee Valley Health Center (SVHC) is a private, non-profit organization, designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center with a local board of directors.
In 2005, Integrated Primary Care was adopted. This focuses on whole person care and includes access to our Behavioral Health Consultant and Care Manager to help with self care plans.
At Sacopee Valley Health Center, we believe in treating you as a whole person in your community. We want to partner with you in reaching your healthcare goals by offering team-based care and quality of life programs. In 2015, Sacopee Valley Health Center proudly achieved Patient Center Medical Home Recognition Level III for the second time. This recognition is achieved by getting you the care you need, when you need it, by someone you are comfortable with.
- Family Medical Care
- Dental Care
- Behavioral Health Care & Counseling
- Walk-in Care Monday through Friday
- Women’s Health & Reproductive Health Services
- Care Management
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Pediatric & Adult Psychiatry
- Podiatry Services
- Nutrition Counseling
- Lab Services for our patients
- Fee Discount Program
- Prescription Assistance Program
- MaineCare & Health Insurance Marketplace Enrollment Assistance
Anyone can be a patient! We welcome you if you have:
- Insurance through your employer
- Private insurance
- MaineCare, NH Medicaid or NH Children’s Medicaid
- No insurance
No one is denied access to services due to an inability to pay.
Why should you donate to Sacopee Valley Health Center?
So many reasons:
– We represent all that is good and healthy about living in rural Maine
– Our staff and volunteers are your neighbors, friends, and family members
– From family medical care, behavioral health care, dental care, to eye care, and reproductive health services…we provide a wide array of patient-centered services
Use the PayPal Donate button below to contribute today.
Any donation large or small is greatly appreciated!
Sacopee Valley/Kezar Falls Region
The valley between the Saco River and Ossipee River makes up the Sacopee Valley. The Sacopee Valley Health Center is located in Porter (pop. 1,438), one of the three towns (Porter, Parsonsfield, and South Hiram) that comprise the Kezar Falls Village area. Our service area is located roughly 45 miles west of Portland and includes the towns of Baldwin, Brownfield, Cornish, Hiram, Limerick, Limington, Newfield, Parsonsfield, Porter and Steep Falls, Maine (all with populations between 1,000 and 4,000). We also serve the towns of Effingham and Freedom, New Hampshire. The local economy relies on small businesses, cottage industries, antiquing, farming, forestry and eco-tourism. While we are in a rural area, we are not too remote, and many residents commute daily to work in Greater Portland.
Our service area has a population of 22,385.
Service area shown in light green