We have been providing health care to our community for over 40 Years!
Founded in 1976, Sacopee Valley Health Center (SVHC) is a private, non-profit organization, designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center with a local board of directors.
In 2005, Integrated Primary Care was adopted. This focuses on whole person care and includes access to our Behavioral Health Consultant and Care Manager to help with self care plans.
At Sacopee Valley Health Center, we believe in treating you as a whole person in your community. We want to partner with you in reaching your healthcare goals by offering team-based care and quality of life programs. In 2015, Sacopee Valley Health Center proudly achieved Patient Center Medical Home Recognition Level III for the second time. This recognition is achieved by getting you the care you need, when you need it, by someone you are comfortable with.
- Family Medical Care (Adults & Children)
- Dental Services
- Optometry Services
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Counseling
- Behavioral Health Services
- Podiatry Services
- Family Planning & Reproductive Health Services
- Registered Dietitian & Nutrition Counseling
- Social Services Coordination/Outreach & Enrollment Services
- MaineCare & Health Insurance Marketplace Enrollment Assistance
- Fee Discount Program
- Patient & Community Health Education
- Prescription Assistance Program & SunRx – 340B Program
- Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy
- Lab Services for our patients
- X-ray Services for our patients
- Integrated Primary Care
- Referrals to Specialty Care
Anyone can be a patient! We welcome you if you have:
- Insurance through your employer
- Private insurance
- MaineCare, NH Medicaid or NH Children’s Medicaid
- No insurance
No one is denied access to services due to an inability to pay.
Sacopee Valley/Kezar Falls Region
The valley between the Saco River and Ossipee River makes up the Sacopee Valley. The Sacopee Valley Health Center is located in Porter (pop. 1,438), one of the three towns (Porter, Parsonsfield, and South Hiram) that comprise the Kezar Falls Village area. Our service area is located roughly 45 miles west of Portland and includes the towns of Baldwin, Brownfield, Cornish, Hiram, Limerick, Limington, Newfield, Parsonsfield, Porter and Steep Falls, Maine (all with populations between 1,000 and 4,000). We also serve the towns of Effingham and Freedom, New Hampshire. The local economy relies on small businesses, cottage industries, antiquing, farming, forestry and eco-tourism. While we are in a rural area, we are not too remote, and many residents commute daily to work in Greater Portland.
Our service area has a population of 22,385.
Service area shown in light green